Is FreeSync/VRR supported? - labwc
Hi, I am curious if FreeSync or VRR is supported? If not, is it planned?
It's not current support. Happy to implement if not too hard. It might be as simple as using wlroutputenableadaptivesync() Would you be happy to test if I implement?
Thanks a lot! Unfortunately my graphics card broke 2 days ago and I am waiting for a new one to arrive. I can test as soon as it's here.
I've changed the environment variable name to LABWCADAPTIVESYNC for consistency. I'll close this for now, but please let me know if you're able to test it at some point.
Sorry for the late reply, took longer than expected and I had to take care of a bunch of other stuff first.
I am not sure if it works, since I don't notice any tearing with and without the option as well as with a version before the commit. I tried it on a fresh Arch installation with just enough installed to get it running. Tried it with HDMI and DP and the GPU is an R9 290 in case that matters.
After my exams next week, I will test this out with my monitor that has a VRR fps counter built in to confirm if this is working or not, assuming no one has (or will) confirmed it as working. I'd test it out now but I don't have labwc installed and I don't intend to use it (besides for testing this out), it's just good to see more compositors adopting variable refresh rate, especially to recommend to friends who want the feature but aren't into tiling WMs (i.e. Sway).
@Vinjul1704 if you're still interested in confirming if the feature is working or not, ping me a week from now if I forget. Also, you could try using emersion/drmmonitor to test if VRR is working. I've used it in the past and it works great with my setup, but if you just let it run from the terminal on the freesync display do note that it'll force the display to its max refresh rate no matter if freesync is working or not due to how often it renders (see https://github.com/emersion/drmmonitor/issues/3)
- ray [Bug] [Core] Connection to GCS hanging (grpc with ray==1.7.0 issues) - Python
- Data not updated (even after a while) when cache is enabled (default). After disabling, it works (Postgres, NestJS, Apollo GraphQL) - mikro-orm
- noUiSlider How to add aria-label to noUiHandler - TypeScript
- Marlin Compile Error - Using IIC Character LCD (20x4) - Cplusplus
- [a11y]: Links in data tables are not accessible by keyboard - carbon
- horovod The cost time of backward between different ranks have big difference with multi-machine training - Python
- openj9 openjdk Cipher/ChaCha20/ChaCha20Poly1305ParamTest.java NullPointerException Java
- [Site Request] Support Spotify - yt-dlc