Unstable veronac test timing out C++
veronac/features/run-pass/integer.verona is failing randomly with timeout on MacOS.
Last time I've seen it happen was 8th April.
The build will be collected, so here's a snapshot of the error, for posterity
Just realised we had a similar issue (#77). If this happens again we'll disable the test like the others.
Is this a CI, MacOS or "solver" problem?
I have run this
veronac testsuite/veronac/features/run-pass/integer on my Mac, however I was not able to reproduce the scenario described.
Could you give me some pointers on where to start investigating this?
Hi, I think this is a compiler issue. The old compiler may have some instability or memory corruption that only sometimes leads to an infinite loop.
Other tests had similar issues and were disabled, so I'm guessing this was a known issue back then, but never fixed.
I don't think it's worth looking out nto the underlying cause because this is an old code that won't be used any more and is here just for reference.
The new compiler is in
src/mlir but still not complete. The syntax and semantics are different on the new compiler, so looking at the old one won't help much in learning the language.
There are some new documents in
docs/internal that you can look at, meanwhile.
Old compiler tests are no longer executed after being moved to deprecated.
- lifetime mismatch when tail type contains UnsafeCell - ouroboros
- Android Auto integration - Kotlin element-android
- money Make Number and/or Calculators internal - PHP
- frigate S3 / Minio support Python
- core Automatic backup with rrd data - PHP
- bug(DomPortalOutlet): hasAttached returns false after attachComponentPortal - components
- Does transaction control have connection pool implementation - Csharp CAP
- tesseract tesser-ocr build failed with tesseract 5.0 - Cplusplus